The Asha Bhawan Philosophy
Rehabilitation of the Body
- Healthy food and sleep at regular intervals.
- Medical Attention as and when necessary.
- Sport and Recreation.
- Physical work related to our income generation projects, together with practical household duties and maintenance work of the properties.
- Drug free lifestyle. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are not allowed.
- Prescribed medicines for physical ailments are administered only according to doctors’ instructions.
Rehabilitation of the Personality
- Self esteem developed by acceptance into a loving family community environment and developing relationship skills through living alongside fellow members.
- Constant supervision of a monitor to supervise and encourage in weak moments (Most of our monitors are ex-addicts).
- Group therapy through regular contact and programmed meetings where experiences are shared.
- Intellectual and creative exercises including reading, study, learning songs, and participation in group dramas.
- Learning new skills in the work program and the knowledge that they are contributing to their own welfare.
Rehabilitation of the Spirit
- We believe drug abuse not only produces physical addiction, but leaves emotional and spiritual wounds as well.
- We recognize the need for faith in the power of God to see members healed from their addiction, and as a basis to build their future lives.
- Both group and individual counseling is conducted to guide and assist members in the healing process.